Find out if you're eligible for a Knock Home Swap™. Click on "Get Started" to access a quick questionnaire, and see if you qualify:
Buy before you sell, through the Knock Home Swap program!
As Knock certified agents, we can help you take advantage of the Knock Home Swap process. Here are just some of the benefits:
- With a Knock Home Swap, you get the convenience, certainty, and cost savings of buying the new home you want first and then selling your old one.
- Get a Knock Home Swap, and skip the stress and uncertainty of buying and selling a house the old way.
- Knock is the smart way to buy before you sell.
- Swap the house you have for the home you want.
- Knock is the first contactless way to buy while you sell.
- Unlike traditional home sales, where you can miss out on your dream home while waiting for your current house to sell, the Knock Home Swap gets you into your new home first.
- Knock certified agents assists with the entire buying and selling process, from helping you find and finance a new home, to covering home prep costs so you can sell your old house for the best price.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the Knock Home Swap work? The Knock Home Swap™ empowers you to buy your new home prior to selling your old house on the market for maximum value. Here’s how it works:
- 1. We’ll get you fully underwritten for a new home loan with Knock including a down payment advance so you can start making offers fast.
- 2. Put down a winning offer on your dream home with no sales contingency, and move in right away. You’ll pay your new mortgage while we cover the old one.
- 3. We’ll advance up to $25,000 to get your old house ready for listing on the open market so it sells fast and for top dollar. When your house sells, you simply pay Knock back for the loan provided. It’s that simple!
- How does the down payment advance, home prep money, and old mortgage coverage work? In addition to the conventional loan on your new home, Knock qualifies you for and provides a bridge-like loan, that we call the Knock Equity Advance, to you. This equity advance is an interestfree loan that allows you to access the equity in your existing house now, before you sell, so you can buy your new home.
- Do I have to make two mortgage payments? With the Home Swap, you only pay one mortgage at a time. You’ll pay the mortgage on your new home, immediately building equity, while Knock covers the monthly mortgage payments on your old house.
- What are the fees associated with the program? For all of the convenience and certainty offered with the Home Swap, Knock charges a 1.25% convenience fee on the purchase of your new home. You can either pay this at closing or roll this into your equity advance. This convenience fee is similar to an origination fee, which many lenders charge. This is just Knock’s fee for the loan and is not inclusive of real estate commissions charged by your agent, or closing costs.
- How do your rates compare with other lenders? Knock offers competitive rates on our loan products. Rates may vary based on qualifications. For a custom quote, please complete our online application at knock.com!
- Can I buy new construction through the Home Swap? Yes absolutely! As long as the builder is funding the cost of construction prior to the final closing (most large builders do this). There are some specific details unique to new construction deals depending on time to build (related to pre-approval requirements and rate locks) that you’ll want to review with your Knock Mortgage Loan Advisor once we’ve received your application.
- Can the Home Swap be used for condos/townhomes? Absolutely! As long as the home will be used as the primary residence, the Home Swap can be used to buy and sell condos, townhomes and single family homes.
- Will my home qualify for the Knock Home Swap? Most homes will qualify for the Home Swap. Some things that would impede a home from qualifying would be significant water damage or foundation damage, a lack of recent similar sales data nearby, unpermitted additions, or if a home is a distressed sale or bank owned.
- Home Prep: what do these funds cover, and how does that process work? Home Prep covers cosmetic improvements that your agent might suggest to help you net top dollar when you sell your old house. Knock onboards your contractors directly, and pays them after you’ve signed off on the completion of the work.
- Can I use my own contractors for Home Prep? Yes! We want you to feel comfortable with the people doing the work. We only require that they be licensed, insured, provide a signed W-9, and sign our vendor agreement.
- What happens if my old house doesn’t sell on the market? With the Home Swap, you’ll list your existing house on the market after you’ve purchased and moved into your new home. The goal is for you to sell your listing on the market for max value with your agent. That said, on the off chance your listing doesn’t sell on the market, you’ll have the option to take an offer from Knock that we provide you up front.
Feel free to call us at 210-686-HOME, or e-mail us at info@CorreaRealtyGroup, to get started on the process. We're here to serve you.
- McMurphy Family
- Jean J.
- Solis Family
- Rich Family
- Moore Family
- Zamorano Family
- Larrew Family
- Michael M.
- Rodriguez Family
- Brian D.
- McWilliams Family
- Colwell Family
- Lang Family
- Beth D.
- Landolt Family
- Leach Family
- Powers Family
- Case Family
- Clark Family
- Albertson Family
- Cage Family